A Day at Measham CE Primary School in Key Stage One
We are welcomed into school 8.45am
- All children are met at the door by the teacher in the morning.
- The teacher will be able to take quick messages and welcome everyone with a smile.
- Children come into their classroom and move straight into a reading, writing or maths activity to begin their learning immediately.
- The teacher will take the register and dinner register.
We attend school assembly at 9.00am
- All children move into the hall for a 9.00am assembly
- Mr Fisher will lead many assemblies, as well as teachers assemblies, class assemblies, special visitors, the 'Open the Book' team, and special assemblies with Rev Vivian.
- On a Friday there is no morning assembly as we have our 'Golden Balloon' celebration assembly in the afternoon.
- Children return from assembly the teacher will introduce their maths activities for the morning while showing children how to be successful in their learning.
- The school adults will do some focused maths activities with small groups.
Break Time 10.15am
- Children go out for a 15 minute break onto our school playground with children from EYFS.
- They have toys and equipment they can use at break time.
- Some of the older children will come and help others to play games during break time.
- We move into small groups to learn a new sound, practise the sounds we know and blend these sounds in words.
- We have a story repeated over the week to help us develop our understanding of language and stories.
- We also discuss what has happened in the story and think about the characters in the story.
English through topic 11.00am
- When they return from phonics the teacher will begin the children's English work taught through the current key stage topic.
- We have lots of different areas in our classroom, creative space and our outdoor space. There is always a school adult in each of these spaces for us to work with.
- Children go into the main hall before the older children to receive their dinners or sandwiches.
- The lunchtime supervisors support children with eating their meals.
- Children go into the playground to play for the remainder of the lunch hour.
Partner Reading and Individual Writing Skills 1.00pm
- Children read in a small group with our reading partner.
- Children then work on writing skills aiming to develop improvement in writing single sentences related to the book they are reading.
Topic based activities 1.30pm
- Children engage in different subjects each week depending on their topic focus for that week.
- The subjects they will cover are; Science, Design and Technology, Art and Design, History, Geography, RE, PSHE, Music, Computing.
- Children have two set PE times during the week
- Children also go to Forest School at certain times of the year for a six week period.
Afternoon Break Time
- Children have a short afternoon break before returning for a story.
- A school adult reads a story introducing children to story language and will model and question good story understanding.
Home Time 3.15pm
- Children organise their belongings to take home and are handed over to parents through the class doors.
- Messages are given to parents
| Website by Primaryworld