A Day at Measham CE Primary School in the Key Stage Two
We are welcomed into school 8.45am
- All children are met at the door by a school adult in the morning.
- The school adult will be able to take quick messages and welcome everyone with a smile.
- Children come into their classroom and begin the day with a writing, maths or reading activity to ensure they start their learning immediately.
- The teacher will take the register and dinner register.
We attend school assembly at 9.00am
- All children move into the hall for a 9.00am assembly
- Mr Fisher will lead many assemblies, as well as teachers assemblies, class assemblies, special visitors, the 'Open the Book' team, and special assemblies with Rev Vivian.
- On a Friday there is no morning assembly as we have our 'Golden Balloon' celebration assembly in the afternoon.
Maths Lesson 9.15am
- Children will return to a quick fire starter activity to ensure learning begins as soon as they re enter the classroom.
- The teacher and teaching assistant will speak to the class in groups or as a whole and lead targeted activities working towards the days learning objective.
- children are encouraged to check their own work against given success criteria
Break Time 10.15am
- We go out for a 15 minute break onto our school playground.
- We have toys and equipment we can use at break time.
- we have lots of sports to take part in during break time.
English, Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar 10.30
- We move into small groups to learn new ESPG Skills.
- We work on our spellings.
- We try to discover and apply our ESPG skills in our reading and writing.
English and Topic Work 11.00am
- We work on our written English skills working towards a specific writing genre over a two or three week period.
- We try to forge links in our writing with the topic our class is covering that half term.
- Children go into the main hall to eat their dinners or sandwiches.
- The lunchtime supervisors support children with eating their meals
- Children go into the playground to play for the remainder of the lunch hour.
Group and Individual Reading Activities 1.00pm
- We read in a small groups as a free reader, on a comprehension task or another topic based reading activity.
- We read both independently, as a group and with our class teacher or teaching assistant.
Classroom Activities 1.30pm
- We complete different topic based activities dependent on the topic we are working on that half term.
- Our topic based activities can be in one lesson or carry over a weeks worth of lessons dependent on the activity we are doing.
- A school adult reads a story introducing children to story language and will model and question good story understanding.
Home Time 3.15pm
- Children organise their belongings to take home and are handed over to parents through the class doors.
- Messages are given to parents
| Website by Primaryworld